Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mona Lisa Smile


First of all, isn't Julia Roberts so beautiful here?! I do think I'm beginning to like her. Anyway, I'm having a trouble in sleeping again so I decided to watch a movie that I have ignored for a long time now. It's Mona Lisa Smile. It was the only movie I haven't watch that's available so I thought maybe I could see it for a change. I was surprised how the movie caught me. I didn't know that such movie could be so worthwhile for me. I mean, the cast were all girls as if it's a movie for girls, the setting was sometime in 1950's and I didn't even know when it was shown on movie houses. It struck me really 'cause I have in fact identified myself to the demeanor of the protagonist especially in the latter part of the story. I have been in that situation months ago and all the while, I'm a little unsure if I made the right decision. All the while, I have been in some doubt about me being really firm on the values I treasure 'cause a lot of people just seem to show and say that in order to succeed, you have to be practical… practical in a sense that you should sacrifice some, or sometimes, a lot of your principles. This is especially in working with other kinds of people, in having a job and working in an organization... if you know what I'm saying. After watching the movie, I think I just lost that uncertainty. I think I pretty much did well in my experience. Perhaps compromising the good values should never even be a choice.

No comments: