Monday, June 06, 2005

A Productive Sunday

I got up at around 4 in the afternoon today. It was a little late. Yup, just a little late, 'coz after summer my sleeping hours became really abnormal. No matter what I do, I fall asleep from around 5am to around 1pm. I think my body got used to with the time after the nightlife I had in summer. Anyway, I’m pretty satisfied with my day today 'coz it's pretty productive. I went to Green Hills to buy some things and went back to Galleria to buy some things again and finally hear mass at the shrine. I had some thoughts while waiting for the priest about hearing mass. Just this summer, for the first time, I met someone who flat out believes that hearing mass every Sunday is not an obligation. I was pretty shocked 'coz the person doesn't really look like someone who had that kind of belief. I firmly believe that it is an obligation, basically because that's what the brethren in my school told me back in high school. But then again, I was kind of confused with this belief for the time being, until I get to hear mass again today. Honestly, the priest seems unprepared for his sermon but nevertheless I can say I have learned significant things from him. I then got to realized that no matter how unprepared a priest is in his sermon, he always has some good things to say for us to be reminded. Well, that was enough for me to realize that I should hear mass every Sunday and I think verifying whether it's an obligation or not isn't "that" important anymore. Besides, what's an hour for Him? Right? Come on! No matter how unlucky you say you are, there are still so much things to be thankful about and for which, we should even give him more than an hour... way more than an hour...cliché but true... don't you think? : )

No comments: